|LFSA to Host Dallas Water Utilities Informational Meeting|
|Written by Clayton Neville|
|Wednesday, 16 October 2013 09:41|
From The Lake Fork Sportsman's Association
On Tuesday, November 12, 2013, the Lake Fork Sportsman’s Association will host a presentation by the Dallas Water Utilities regarding its plans for pumping water from Lake Fork. Dallas is ready to pump, but says it understands Fork’s importance.
Dallas has invested more than $200 million to build the infrastructure to move Lake Fork water to Dallas. They have the right to 70 percent of the water at Lake Fork, which was impounded on the Sabine River in 1980. The percentage amounts to about 131,000 acre-feet per year. The other 30 percent belongs to the Sabine River Authority, which sells its share to other municipalities.
Up to this time Dallas has managed to provide its citizens with adequate water without tapping into the Lake Fork supply. This is about to change.
To get the facts and dispel any rumors, Mr. Ken DelRegno, Assistant Director of Water Production, Dallas Water Utilities, will make a brief presentation. Following his presentation Mr. DelRegno will take questions from the floor.
The LFSA would like to invite interested members of the community to attend this meeting. The meeting will be held at the Emory Community Center located on Highway 19. The doors will open at 6:00 PM, with the presentation beginning at 7:00 PM.
The LFSA will be kicking off its annual Christmas Sharing project that night and encourages the public to bring a donation of non-perishable food or toys. Containers for any donations will be available.